Ingredient of the Year: Microbiome Modulation
The biotics playbook is expanding: Probiotics and Prebiotics remain the main ingredients, but options also now include synbiotics, postbiotics, and phages. Each brings its own advantages, but central to each will be to build the science to substantiate the claims, and market in a way that is true to that science and accessible to consumers.
This award celebrates the celebrates ingredients designed to beneficially modulate the microbiome to improve health.
Our judges will look at how your ingredient meets specific needs and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A genuine consumer demand or requirement based upon a common health issue or risk factor
- Solid scientific evidence to demonstrate a unique nutritional solution to this need or problem – including peer-reviewed data to back up any performance or health claims made.
- A good range of examples of applications / delivery systems for use in final products
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market(s). Give numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market
- What gives your ingredient the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
To view the requirements for this category, click here
Entries for the NutraIngredients-USA Awards Ingredient of the Year categories are required to have the ingredient in a finished product that is commercially available in the United States.
HOW TO ENTER:
2023 Entry Submission is now closed.
The 2023 winners will be announced on NutraIngredients-USA.com during a virtual awards' presentation on Wednesday, July 12. Register your interest to keep up to date with all the information on the virtual awards presentation and our winners.
- Once all entries have been received, they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients-USA Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- The finalists will be confirmed and notified in May 2023.
- The winner will be announced during a virtual awards' presentation on NutraIngredients-USA.com on Wednesday, July 12, 2023.